Available for checkout, Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV!
Just plug in the Roku to the TV, connect it to Wi-Fi, select your entertainment, and start watching.
Bexley Public Library is now circulating Roku streaming devices.
BPL patrons can stream dozens of popular TV shows and movies through the Vudu app.
Each device has a collection of over two dozen movies and shows, each organized by genre.
Check Out Our Getting Started Guide Here
In order to enjoy the Roku, you will need a:
- Television with an HDMI Port
- WiFi Internet Access
The Roku Kit contains a:
- Roku Stick
- Roku Remote with 2 AA Batteries
- Power Cord
- HDMI Extender
- How-To Guide
Roku Borrowing Rules:
- Loan period for a Roku device is Fourteen (14) days.
- The device can only be checked out with a Bexley Public Library card.
- Must be returned to the Front Circulation Desk. No returns in the book drops.
- The late fee is $1/day and the total replacement cost is $100.
- BPL Rokus are pre-associated with select accounts and content.
- Borrowers may not download, delete or add any titles, accounts, channels or content.
- Any modification of the content or settings will result in the patron losing borrowing privileges.
- BPL is not responsible for any costs incurred while borrowers use the equipment.
- BPL is not responsible for any personal information left on the device.
Fines & Fees:
- The user will be responsible for any lost or damaged Rokus and accessories.
- The overdue fine is $1.00 per day.
- Rokus not returned within 28 days of the due date will be considered lost.
- The replacement cost for a Roku unit is $100.
- If any of the accessories are lost or damaged, the replacement cost will be $10 per item.
- This includes the Cable, Power Adapter, USB Extender or Remote.
Roku Setup Instructions:
- Plug in the AC adapter power cable into the Roku Stick and wall socket.
- Roku does not have an on/off switch on the Roku box; it stays on.
- If your TV has a USB Port you can also use this to power the Roku.
- Plug the Roku directly into the HDMI port on your television.
- If there are space concerns plugging in the Roku, you can use the HDMI extender.
- Select the appropriate video source or input for the television, if necessary.
- Use the Roku remote to connect to your home WiFi for internet connection.
- Go to the Settings menu, and select Network.
- Follow prompts to connect to your home WiFi, and enter a password if needed.
- Use the Roku remote to select the Vudu Channel.
- Proceed to the My Vudu tab to watch a selection of BPL chosen movies.
- Vudu also offers a number of free movies and shows through this channel.