In recent years the IRS has greatly reduced the amount of tax forms that libraries receive. In addition to fewer forms, we will not receive instruction booklets, publications, additional schedules or worksheets.
While the printed forms have decreased, we are just as committed as ever to helping you survive this tax season!
Here is what we can offer:
- Federal forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ
- Printed Ohio tax forms and RITA forms will be available while supplies last.
- We are happy to print out up to 10 pages of tax forms for free from the IRS website. Just ask
- We have binders of most tax forms AND instructions available so that you can make copies.
- Want to do your taxes online? We can help you get started at IRS.gov on one of our computers.
Although library staff members cannot help you prepare your taxes, we are happy to help you find tax forms and resources.
Copies of tax forms and instructions are also available through:
- IRS.gov/Forms - to view and download
- IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
The IRS explains the reason for this significant decrease in tax forms available through the library here: http://www.irs.gov/uac/TFOP-News-and-Updates