Your library card application is a contract, so please read this information carefully. There is no charge to borrow materials from Bexley Public Library, provided they are returned on time and in good condition. To check out items, you must present your library card or photo ID.
It is the cardholder’s responsibility to:
- Let staff know if your name, address or phone number changes
- Be financially responsible for material borrowed with your card
- Monitor the material your child selects and checks out
- Pay all fines/charges for the late return, loss of, or damage to all materials borrowed on this card
- Report a lost/stolen card immediately because you are responsible for all items checked out on your card until you report your card lost/stolen.
LOAN PERIODS/BORROWING LIMITS/FINES AND FEES
|Item||Loan Period||Limit Per Card||Fines/Fees|
|Print Materials||7, 14, or 28 days||50||10¢ per day|
|CDs & Cassettes||14 or 28 days||30||10¢ per day|
|DVDs/Blu-rays/VHS||7 days||10||20¢ per day|
|Lost or Damaged Cases||--||--||$3.00 once|
|Audiovisual Inserts (Liner Notes)||--||--||$1.00 once|
|Lost or Stolen Item||--||--||
Checked-out items will be automatically renewed unless there is a reserve placed on the item, the item has reached the maximum number of renewals allowed, the item is owned by a Central Library Consortium partner that does not offer the service, or if the patron’s account has accrued $10.01 or more in fines. EBooks and other digital content are also not eligible at this time.
Patrons will receive an email notification when their items have been automatically renewed.
You may reserve items online by accessing your account or you may ask a library staff member to reserve items for you in person or over the phone (during library hours). You may reserve up to 30 items on your account at any given time. Only materials that are currently unavailable (checked out by another patron) can be reserved.
MATERIALS RECOVERY PROGRAM
- Notice Before Items are Due – The library sends an e-mail reminder that materials are due 3 days before CDs or DVDs are due and 7 days before books are due.
- 3 Days Past Due – The library sends an overdue notice that includes fines.
- 14 Days Past Due – The library sends an overdue notice that includes fines, processing fees, and replacement charges.
- 30 Days Past Due – The library sends a bill for non-returned items.
- 45 Days Past Due
- If your account balance equals $50 or more, the library forwards your information to Unique Management Services, Inc., a library materials recovery service agency.
- A service charge of $10 is added to your account.
- Unique Management Services will contact you to request the return of the overdue materials and payment of outstanding charges.
- Over the next 120 days, the collection agency will make multiple attempts to contact you. If you do not return the overdue materials and make arrangements to pay fines and Unique fees, your account will proceed to the next stage.
- 165 Days Past Due – Unique Management Services reports your overdue account to a credit agency which may affect your credit rating for up to seven years.
For more information on the Materials Recovery Program, please call 614-231-9709 or visit the library. Thank you for helping us ensure that everyone has access to the materials in the Bexley Public Library collection.